Skip to main content

What to do if you've been charged with OWI

  • Birdsall Obear

Call An Attorney

This is the easiest way to make sure you do everything to give yourself every opportunity to win your case. Always make sure you call an attorney who handles OWI cases regularly.

Request a Review Hearing

The police will give you a form that gives you 10 days to request a hearing to review your administrative suspension. You need to fill this form out and send it back to the DMV as soon as possible.

Enter a Plea of Not Guilty

Most municipal courts allow you to enter a plea via mail. Take them up on this offer to save yourself time.

Request a Jury Trial

In order to preserve your right to a jury trial, you need to request one within 10 days of your initial appearance. If you do not make this request, you forfeit your right to a jury trial.

Milwaukee Office
1219 North Cass Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202

Directions to Birdsall Obear & Associates Milwaukee office

Sheboygan Office
603 South 8th Street, Sheboygan, WI 53081

Directions to Birdsall Obear & Associates Sheboygan office